The Secretary of State for Trade (Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness) has made a compilation of the current legislations on Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) of pesticides on vegetable products and on maximum levels for certain contaminants in foodstuffs, which are applicable in the main countries that import these Spanish produce.
These legislations on MRLs of pesticides on vegetable products and on maximum levels of contaminants in foodstuffs are already available for sale in CD Rom format. Among others, it includes European, American, Japanese, and Codex. The available data are the following
1) LEGISLATION ON PESTICIDES
The publication of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005 has permitted a fully harmonization of the legislation on pesticide residues in the 28 Member States of the European Union. This Regulation is included in the current CD edition and its Annexes can be downloaded from our Web site, through the updating process. Thus, since 01-09-2008, the 28 Member States legislations have been substituted by the European Union Regulation.
- CODEX ALIMENTARIUSinformation on acceptable daily intake (ADI) included.
- European Union
- Non-Member countries: Norway, Iceland, Russia, and Switzerland.
- AMERICA: : Canada, United States of America, Mexico, Central America and Brazil.
- ASIA: China, Hong-Kong, Israel and Japan and South Korea.
- AUSTRALIA: Australia and New Zealand.
- AFRICA:Morocco and South Africa.
All the data included in the fifth updating of the CD (now available) are revised at the time of publication (October 2005). To update the data, subscribers have to download the files included in our website.
The CD Rom software allows you three possibilities:
- To look for a product and all the pesticides: you can select a product from the product list and obtain the information on MRLs of all the pesticides for that product in the legislation concerned.
- To look for a pesticide and all the products: you can select a pesticide from a pesticide list and obtain the information on the MRLs of that pesticide in all the products, as stated in the legislation concerned.
- To look for a product and a pesticide: this option allows you to select a pesticide, from the pesticide list, and a product, from the product list, and to obtain the MRL of that product
When a MRL of a pesticide for a certain product is indicated, it does not mean that the pesticide is authorised for that fruit or vegetable.
It is necessary to consult the official register of pesticide chemicals of each country in order to solve any doubt about authorization.
Click on the link of the right to access the official registers of pesticide chemicals
2) LEGISLATION ON CONTAMINANTS
- 3 MONOCLOROPROPANODIOL in the European Union, Australia and New Zealand,Canada, Thailand and Taiwan.
- ARTICLES INTENDED TO COME INTO CONTACT WITH FOODSTUFFS in the European Union and Japan.
- DIOXINS in the European Union, Australia and New Zealand, Japan and USA.
- ERGOT SCLEROTIA in the European Union.
- EXTRACTION SOLVENTS in the European Union.
- HEAVY METALS in the European Union, Australia and New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, Finland, Japan, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland and the USA.
- HISTAMINES and TOTAL VOLATILE BASE NITROGEN (TVBN) in the European Union, Australia and New Zealand, Canada and Switzerland.
- MELAMINE in the European Union and Canada.
- MYCOTOXINS in the European Union, Australia and New Zealand, Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland and the USA.
- NITRATES in the European Union, Belgium, Russia and Switzerland.
- OTHER CONTAMINANTS in the European Union, Australia and New Zealand, Finland, Japan, Sweden and USA.
- POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS (PAH) in the European Union, Brazil, Spain and Sweden .
- TROPANE ALKALOIDS in the European Union.
For regular subscribers to the CD Rom of International Legislation on Maximum Residue Levels on Vegetable Products, it is possible to obtain an update, via Internet, of the various legislations of different countries. To request this service, click here.
To order this Cd Rom click here.
As a demo, you can try the following options for a sample of eleven pesticide residues with data from the EUROPEAN UNION LEGISLATION of pesticide residues
Also the EUROPEAN UNION LEGISLATION for contaminants in foodstuffs:
1) Pesticide residues in the EUROPEAN UNION
2) Contaminants in foodstuffs in the EUROPEAN UNION